Serving Northeast Wisconsin for Nearly 100 Years
Menn Law Firm, Ltd. traces its roots to 1926, when two young lawyers, Homer H. Benton and Alfred C. Bosser, formed a partnership. Benton and Bosser envisioned a law firm that specialized in both advising and advocating on behalf of clients, with a goal to create a preeminent law firm in Appleton with one group of attorneys concentrating on litigation, and one group of attorneys concentrating on business and personal legal matters.
For 40 years, Benton & Bosser’s offices were located in downtown Appleton at 117 North Appleton Street. During that time, the firm included such notable attorneys as: Andrew W. Parnell (a future Outagamie County judge); Edgar E. Becker; David L. Fulton; Arthur P. Remley; John B. Menn; Franklin L. Nehs; and Peter S. Nelson.
When Benton and Bosser passed away, the law firm became known as Fulton, Menn & Nehs, and moved to larger offices at 222 North Oneida Street in downtown Appleton. John B. Menn headed the litigation team, and Franklin L. Nehs headed the business/estate planning team. During its 40 years at this location, the firm continued to grow, and included the following notable attorneys: David Fulton; John R. Teetaert; Philip F. Schlichting; Glenn L. Sharratt; Robert D. Bauman; Jonathan M. Menn; Guy Dutcher (a future Waushara County judge); and Nancy J. Krueger (a future Outagamie County judge, and the first female judge in the county’s history).
After Attorneys Fulton, Menn and Nehs passed away, the firm became known as Menn Law Firm, Ltd.
In 2007 the firm moved its headquarters to 2501 E. Enterprise Avenue, on the north side of Appleton abutting I-41, to provide better access to its growing client base.
Seeking to further diversify its client base and expand to communities outside of the Fox Cities, Menn embarked on a series of affiliations, acquisitions, and strategic relationships, all of which have positioned Menn to be Northeast Wisconsin’s largest, local, full-service law firm.
Affiliations, acquisitions, and strategic relationships:
- In 2010, the firm acquired the practice of long time Seymour attorney Perry D. Pierre, and opened a branch office in Seymour focusing on real estate and general business work.
- In 2014, the firm affiliated with Denissen, Kranzush, Mahoney & Ewald, S.C. and opened a branch office in Green Bay. Menn currently operates an office in Green Bay located at 480 Pilgrim Way # 1200, Green Bay, WI 54304.
- In 2015 the firm affiliated with Coughlin & Coughlin, S.C. and Attorney Mary Coughlin began practicing out of the Appleton office.
- In 2016 the firm affiliated with the Sorenson Law Firm located in Hortonville, WI, which was headed by long-time Hortonville attorney, Bob Sorenson. Menn currently operates an office located at 223 North Pine Street, Hortonville, WI 54944.
- Also in 2016, the firm acquired the firm Lubinski, Reed & Klass, S.C., in Seymour, WI, and as a result, for a short period of time Menn operated two law offices in Seymour! Ultimately Menn consolidated its two office locations into the Lubinski building, located at 200 E. Wisconsin Street, Seymour, WI..
- In 2018, Menn was pleased to announce the addition of long-time and well-established Green Bay business attorneys, David Timm and Cynthia Treleven to the Firm’s Green Bay office.
- Seeking to better serve its clients in the “North Woods,” in 2021, Menn affiliated with local Attorney Barb Morrison, establishing offices in Oconto and Marinette, WI.
Over the years, the firm has grown and evolved, but has stayed true to the vision established by Benton and Bosser, and remains dedicated to providing its clients with timely, practical and cost effective services of the highest quality.